BakerRisk’s Structural Response Group has over twenty-five years experience gathering valuable data from industrial explosions and their effects on structures, as well as developing methods and tools to predict building damage and occupant vulnerability.
In addition, BakerRisk’s large scale shock tube has allowed the group to evaluate building types commonly found in chemical processing facilities, and to categorize the various damage levels each could incur for various blast loads.
The structural engineering team at BakerRisk has several members which are licensed professional engineers capable of preparing full-detailed construction drawings, as well as, providing upgrade designs and retrofits external to existing plant buildings so as to not interrupt internal building activity and operations during the upgrade installation.
- Anti-Terrorism Protection
- Arctic Facility Assessment
- Security and Vulnerability Assessment
- Explosion Response
- Finite Element Analysis
- Building Occupant Vulnerability
- Thermal Impact Modeling
- Air Tightness Testing
- Blast Resistant Design and Retrofits
- Equipment Damage Mitigation
- High Pressure Analysis Containment
- Risk Based Building Upgrade
- Specialized Testing