With more than 30 years of experience in engineering consulting services for the gas production industry, BakerRisk is in a unique position to provide guidance and support in both leading edge risk assessment and risk mitigation. BakerRisk has a portfolio of more than 100 projects in engineering and consulting services analyzing the production, distribution and processing of Natural Gas and Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG). Examples of BakerRisk projects include:
Consequence & Risk Assessment Studies
- Quantitative risk assessments of:
- Transmission pipelines and compressor stations
- Gas stabilization and sweetening facilities
- NG Production and export facilities
- LNG Storage and Peak-shaving facilities
- LNG Transportation Risk analysis for onshore and offshore routes.
- Security and Vulnerability assessments of Export/Import terminals in compliance with FERC guidelines
- Quantification of hazards associated with a potential terrorist attack on an LNG Carrier
- Evaluation of flammable hazards in indoor gas processing operations
- Chemical process and hazard reviews
- Fire protection analysis of operations including compartmentalization, mitigation, ventilation, etc.
- Failure mode and hazard analysis reviews for process units and loading/unloading areas
- Mechanical integrity and reliability reviews for hazardous process units
- Materials compatibility assessments related to cryogenic temperature (e.g., cold embrittlement).
Risk Reduction Evaluation and Support
- Analysis and mitigation of process hazards, including Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Recommendations for explosion hazards mitigation, plant building locations and design, building upgrades, and blast hardened building design
- Deluge system designs for LNG release mitigation
- Refined analysis based on human factors and safety systems in LNG loading/unloading operations
- Strategies for flammable and toxic gas detector types, number and placement
- Strategies for ventilation of indoor operations to prevent gas accumulation, and venting of indoor gas explosion events to minimize impacts
- Multiple incident investigations for major producers, including cause analysis, site management, response to regulatory agencies, testing, mechanical failure analysis, and litigation support
- Metallurgical failure analysis of process equipment
- Estimation of fuel mass based upon blast effects
- Insurance and Fire Protection
- Loss control and insurance audits to develop Estimated Maximum Loss (EML) and/or
- Maximum Probable Loss (MPL) estimates to help place Insurance.
- Fire Water System reviews of LNG facility during FEL and Detailed design phases.
For more information or to speak with a consultant, please Contact Us.