Midstream – Studies performed for midstream clients
With more than 30 years of experience in engineering consulting services for the industry, BakerRisk is in a unique position to provide guidance and support in qualitative and quantitative consequence analysis, risk assessment and risk mitigation support. BakerRisk has a portfolio of more than 750 projects in engineering and consulting services analyzing the transportation, processing, storage, and compression of oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids (NGLs). Examples of BakerRisk projects for these industries include:
Qualitative Risk Assessment
- Risk screening studies to determine which terminals or pipeline locations that warrant further investigation
- Performing company-wide independent risk assessments for insurance purposes at facilities on a cyclic basis
- Assessment of Loss Estimates, Business Interruption and Interdependency, third part liability, and property loss prevention
- Assessments and audits of Process Safety Management (PSM) and Risk Management Plan (RMP) programs including mechanical integrity, management of change (MOC), process hazard analysis (PHAs), facility siting, and operating procedures, incident investigation, emergency planning and response, etc.
- Due diligence studies focusing on mergers and acquisitions, and potential risk exposures.
Flare and PSV Assessment
- Process safety valve (PSV), flare, and vent stack consequence modeling
- PSV and flare sizing, overpressure scenario evaluation, and hydraulic analysis
- Process hazards analyses (PHAs) for amine treatment, fractionation units, and terminals
- Pipeline PHAs
- Fire hazard analysis and fire protection studies
Consequence & Quantitative Risk Assessment
- Pipeline High Consequence Area (HCA) assessments
- Facility Siting Studies (FSS) for gas plants, compressor stations, and storage terminals that meet the intent of API 752/API 753
- Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA) for gas plants, compressor stations, and storage terminals that meet the intent of API 752/API 753
- Support completion of Waterway Suitability Assessments (WSA) by performing offsite consequence and risk assessments, business interruption (BI) studies and security and vulnerability assessments (SVA) along the transit route
- Pipeline FSSs and QRAs
Safety Instrumented Systems
- Safety Integrity Level (SIL) and Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) work for fractionation units, stabilization units, and terminals
- Fire pump testing
Risk Reduction Evaluation and Support
- Analysis and mitigation of process hazards, including Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Recommendations for explosion, fire, and toxic hazard mitigation
- Quantification of risk reduction from proposed risk mitigation options for cost-effectiveness evaluation
- Consequence and risk-based building upgrade designs and building feasibility (optimal location and design)
- Multiple incident investigations including root cause analysis, site management, response to regulatory agencies, testing, mechanical failure analysis, and litigation support
Need More Information?
With locations around the world, we are ready to help you anywhere you need us.
Click here to find the location nearest you.