Fire Dynamics Simulator (FDS)
BakerRisk has conducted FDS calculations for many clients in order to predict the thermal impacts of pool and jet fires. These analyses include:
- Smokeview to visualize flame and smoke
- Isosurface functions to animate the isothermal 3D contour
- Device functions such as thermocouples, beam detectors, etc. to estimate the properties such as temperature and path obscuration at specified locations
- Statistical functions to provide the changing profile of properties such as heat flux and temperature of hot air flow
- Boundary quantity functions to animate the changing profile of interested properties such as surface temperature, heat flux, etc.
FDS Analysis of Pool Fire