Hydrofluoric Acid (HF) is a chemical that has several beneficial properties that are useful for several industries:
- Glass etching
- Plastics production
- Microchip etching
- Electronic circuit cleaners
- Production and purification of radioactive materials
- HF Alkylation processes to produce high octane additive for gasoline
Unfortunately HF is highly toxic at low concentration and poses potential hazards to workers and in some cases neighboring communities. Companies that produce transport and use HF in their process often need to conduct assessments that help them identify, evaluate, and manage the hazards and associated risks to their workers and neighboring communities. BakerRisk is uniquely qualified to work with you to identify, understand, and mitigate the risks associated with use of HF in your processes.
BakerRisk professionals have diverse experience with HF from start-up and operating HF Alkylation units, participating on API RP751 committee, designing HF mitigation systems, conducting risk assessment studies. BakerRisk professionals have conducted the following studies related to HF process risk management:
- Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA)
- QRA studies of HF Alkylation units
- HF manufacturing facilities
- HF transportation (rail and road)
- Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) studies of HF Alkylation
- API RP 751 Audits – of HF Alkylation
- Incident investigation of releases and fires involving HF processing equipment
Our clients have benefitted by partnering with HF experienced BakerRisk professionals to help them manage the risks associated with their HF processes.
For more information or to speak with a consultant, please Contact Us.