Fire Protection Engineering
BakerRisk can assist in designing your new fire protection strategies, conducting equipment performance evaluations, and optimizing an overall protection methodology. Our extensive experience provides value in identifying economical fire protection alternatives. Our fire protection engineers will work with you to:
- Identify fire hazards and develop a cost-effective fire protection strategy
- Develop a fire protection philosophy for new plants and plant expansions.
- Utilize inherently safer practices such as spacing, layout, hazardous confinement, and material substitution to minimize risks
- Develop fire protection specifications
- Conduct fire suppression system acceptance and routine performance tests
- Conduct fireproofing evaluations
- Optimize fire detection and fire suppression equipment layout
- Conduct electrical area classification reviews
- Conduct computer model fire development, growth, and consequences to determine fire protection needs and commensurate response plans
- Develop crisis management and emergency response plans and conduct exercises
- Determine system degradation and quantify capacity by conducting Hydraulic Gradient Analyses and Maximum Firewater Demand Evaluations
- Conduct Third Party Fire Protection Evaluations, based on company standards and accepted industry practices
Firewater System Design
BakerRisk’s fire protection engineering personnel have designed, specified, and tested fire protection and detection systems in the full range of industrial applications from office buildings and computer rooms to processing plants and offshore platforms. Many of our staff are degreed fire protection engineers, hold Professional Engineering licenses, are Certified Fire and Explosion Investigators, and are members of the National Fire Protection Association, serving on standards committees.
Our knowledge of codes and standards, combined with the knowledge we have obtained from the hundreds of fire investigations we have conducted over the years and the thousands of plant inspections and surveys we have performed, allows us to provide our clients with a sound assessment of their fire protection and detection systems and provide cost effective solutions where improvements are warranted.