This one day course is intended to give participants an overview of risk management in the biofuels industry including biodiesel, ethanol, methanol, and biogas. The course will discuss the potential hazards associated with the production, storage and transportation of biofuels, methods to assess the consequence and risk of those hazards as well as mitigation techniques used in the biofuels industry.
This course will benefit those in the biofuels production industry, project managers for biofuels related capital projects, emergency response personnel, and process safety personnel.
The course will discuss the following elements:
- Introduction to types of biofuels (including Renewable Natural Gas RNG, Renewable Diesel, Bioethanol, Sustainable Aviation Fuel SAF)
- Overview of key safety challenges for different biofuel production methods
- Regulatory guidance on biofuel facilities including NFPA 68/69, 652, 654 and API 752/753 committees
- Key safety studies for capital projects in biofuels
- Process Hazard Analysis
- Dust Hazard Analysis
- Facility siting and QRA
- Transportation risk assessment
- Fire protection and gas detection
- Hazardous area classification
- Mitigation techniques
- Biofuel Risk Management - a holistic approach, insurance risk aspects, and Emergency Response Planning
Customized Courses Tailored to Your Needs
While BakerRisk offers a range of pre-packaged courses, we recognize that the most effective courses incorporate your company’s specific hazards, incidents, and lessons learned. Please contact us to discuss how we can custom tailor courses to fit your company’s needs.