This four day course will focus on the practical calculations of designing structures to withstand postulated blast load. This course will utilize the tools and analysis techniques developed by the Explosion Research Cooperative.
The course will include the following topics:
- Introduction to designing for VCE blast loads
- Introduction to BEAST and screening approaches
- Building damage levels - When to use and when not to use
- How developed
- Intro to SDOF method and criteria
- Steel design
- Dynamic design of trusses
- Concrete design
- Masonry design
- Lateral resisting systems and foundations
- Windows and doors
- Blast intrusion into buildings
- Design of CMU upgrades
- Design of shield walls
- Tents and trailers
- Wrap up discussion – Case studies
Customized Courses Tailored to Your Needs
While BakerRisk offers a range of pre-packaged courses, we recognize that the most effective courses incorporate your company’s specific hazards, incidents, and lessons learned. Please contact us to discuss how we can custom tailor courses to fit your company’s needs.
There are no upcoming courses at this time, please contact us for more information.