This two day course focuses on the fundamentals of facility siting studies (FSS), quantitative risk assessments (QRA) and mitigation techniques. The primary objectives are to provide a thorough foundation and knowledge of the inputs, methodologies and typical types of results for FSS and QRAs. It will also provide knowledge of how QRAs can be used to identify and prioritize risk mitigation strategies to make informed and effective risk mitigation decisions. This course is ideal for PSM managers, process safety engineers, facility siting coordinators / SMEs, and anyone involved in the facility siting decision making process.
The course will include the following elements:
- FSS / QRA regulations and industry guidance
- Hazard identification and hazard definition
- Discharge and Dispersion Calculations
- Occupant vulnerability (OV) determination
- Building analysis
- Outdoor area analysis
- Congestion / Confinement theory and modelling
- Explosion calculations
- Risk analysis
- Frequency analysis
- Occupancy analysis
- Overview of risk measures and criteria
- Overview of consequence results
- Risk results
- Developing and evaluating risk refinements and mitigation options
- Making risk-based decisions
- Assessing risk for abnormal operations (turnaround, etc.)
Customized Courses Tailored to Your Needs
While BakerRisk offers a range of pre-packaged courses, we recognize that the most effective courses incorporate your company’s specific hazards, incidents, and lessons learned. Please contact us to discuss how we can custom tailor courses to fit your company’s needs.
|FSS & QRA Training - In Person - May 23-24 - San Antonio||Register Here|
|FSS & QRA Training - Virtual - May 23-24||Register Here|
|FSS & QRA Training - In Person - Oct. 3-4 - Houston||Register Here|
|FSS & QRA Training - Virtual - Oct. 3-4||Register Here|
|FSS/QRA Training & Hazards Awareness Demonstrations Combined - In Person - May 23-25 - San Antonio & Scull Crossing||Register Here|
|FSS/QRA Training & Hazards Awareness Demonstrations Combined - In Person - Oct. 3-5 - Houston & Scull Crossing||Register Here|
PLEASE NOTE WHEN REGISTERING FOR THE COMBINED COURSES:
- The Hazards Awareness (Testing Demonstrations) portion will only be in-person at Wilfred E. Baker test facility (Scull Crossing).
- We recommend registering for both courses (FSS & QRA Training and Hazards Awareness (Testing Demonstrations)) but if you want it to be broken up you can register for FSS & QRA Training or Hazards Awareness Course (Testing Demonstrations) separately.