This one day course focuses on the fundamentals of combustible dust hazards and associated mitigation techniques. In addition, the course will cover the current regulatory climate with regards to performing dust hazard assessments, as well as the legal ramifications of incurring a combustible dust related incident. The course will include the following elements:
- Combustible dust fire and explosion characteristics – how do they manifest?
- Case studies
- Combustible dust 101
- Regulatory requirements for facilities handling combustible dusts
- Dust hazards analysis
- Overview of NFPA 652
- Introduction to DHA methodology
- Example DHA Sessions
- How do I know if my dust is explosive? – Dust testing
- Dust explosion fire and explosion protection solutions
- Equipment Evaluation for Provision of Explosion Protection – What you need to know
- Explosion Protection System Deficiencies – As Identified through Performing DHAs
Customized Courses Tailored to Your Needs
While BakerRisk offers a range of pre-packaged courses, we recognize that the most effective courses incorporate your company’s specific hazards, incidents, and lessons learned. Please contact us to discuss how we can custom tailor courses to fit your company’s needs.