Incidents: you hope that they never happen, but you need to be prepared in case they do. In this course, you learn how to perform a scientifically rigorous incident investigation based on BakerRisk’s vast experience in this area across a broad range of industries. Through a range of active, hands-on sessions, you will practice techniques for hypothesis development, witness interviews, timeline creation, and root cause analysis, among others.
The 2 day training program will provide instruction on:
- Classification of incidents
- Establishment of incident investigation teams
- Execution of a systematic and analytical investigative process
- Identifying, documenting, and managing pertinent physical conditions and issues (i.e. evidence identification, collection, and preservation)
- Use of scientific methodology to determine incident origin and causal factors (e.g. timeline development, hypothesis validation)
- Overview of steps to get to root cause
- Introduction to investigations
- Investigation process and environment
- Investigation approach
- Investigation procedures: Initial response
- Systematic data collection
- Document collection
- Witness interviews and statements
- Hypothesis development and analysis
- Root cause analysis
- Corrective actions
- Bringing the investigation to closure
We recommend registering for the combined courses (Incident Investigation Training and Incident Scene Documentation and Evidence Collection) but if you want it to be broken up you can register for Incident Investigation Training or Incident Scene Documentation and Evidence Collection separately.
Customized Courses Tailored to Your Needs
While BakerRisk offers a range of pre-packaged courses, we recognize that the most effective courses incorporate your company’s specific hazards, incidents, and lessons learned. Please contact us to discuss how we can custom tailor courses to fit your company’s needs.
|Incident Investigation Training - In Person - Sep. 12-13 - San Antonio||Register Here|
|Incident Investigation Training, Scene Documentation, & Evidence Collection Combined - In Person - Sep. 12-14 - San Antonio||Register Here|
PLEASE NOTE WHEN REGISTERING FOR THE COMBINED COURSES:
- We recommend registering for both courses (Incident Investigation Training and Incident Scene Documentation and Evidence Collection) but if you want it to be broken up you can register for Incident Investigation Training or Incident Scene Documentation and Evidence Collection separately.