This one-day course focuses on managing fire protection resources including fixed equipment readiness, maintaining proper documentation, and typical roles/responsibilities within a Facility Management Structure.
The objective of the course is to review RAGAGEP and other industry best practices related to management of fire protection resources, relate the various tasks to the Functional Responsibilities within a Facility Organization, and understand how other RAGAGEP (Process Safety Information, Management of Change, for instance) relates to Fire Protection Systems.
This course is ideal for PSM managers, Incident Commanders, Fire Technicians, Emergency Response Team leads, and anyone involved in managing fire protection assets for an industrial facility.
The course will include the following elements:
- Introduction to Fixed Fire Protection Inspection, Testing, Maintenance, and Repair (ITMR)
- Equipment including monitors, firewater mains, fire pumps, water spray/deluge, foam, and sprinkler systems
- Typical Roles and Responsibilities related to Fixed Protection Systems
- PSM/Safety Manager
- Emergency Response Team Leadership/Staff
- Maintaining Appropriate Documentation for Fixed Systems, including firewater plot plans, Pre-Plans, System Design Documents, drainage drawings, equipment inspection policies and procedures, equipment test results
- Regulatory and industry guidance for fire protection including NFPA, API
- Best Practices for equipment performance testing and auditing test results
- Resolving Organizational Conflicts related to ITMR responsibilities for fire protection.
Customized Courses Tailored to Your Needs
While BakerRisk offers a range of pre-packaged courses, we recognize that the most effective courses incorporate your company’s specific hazards, incidents, and lessons learned. Please contact us to discuss how we can custom tailor courses to fit your company’s needs.