What to Know About Batteries and Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) Hazards for Safe Low Carbon Energy Transition
Upcoming webinar: “What to Know About Batteries and Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) Hazards for Safe Sustainable Energy Transitions and Initiatives”
Thursday, August 18, 2022 @ 11:00 AM CT
Batteries and BESS are critical elements of the sustainable energy infrastructure, as they provide the capability to even-out the energy flow from intermittent energy sources. This webinar focuses on safety related considerations for battery production and storage, and methods for failure prevention. Webinar presenter Gabriel Shelton will discuss various aspects of battery failures, the likelihood of failures, and mitigation strategies that can be designed and implemented for battery storage and operating facilities.
Fun fact: this webinar is based on our 6-part white paper series, which is being featured in the September 2022 edition of the Process Safety Progress journal.
Webinar attendees will be eligible to earn free professional development credits, along with a BakerRisk certificate of completion. Join us and be prepared to bring your questions for the live Q&A!
Key highlights covered in this webinar:
- What can cause battery/BESS failures
- How often failures occur
- Mitigation methods to protect against battery fires
- Consequences of battery failures
- Considerations for building designs to mitigate against failure consequences
- Loss impact if failures escalate
Get to know the Presenter:
Gabriel Shelton, P.E., Senior 2 Engineer, BakerRisk Protective Structures
- Gabriel is an accomplished Structural Engineer, with 15 years of experience in the structural analysis of existing buildings and upgrade designs for petrochemical facilities, test cells, and blast-resistant modules.
- Focused on the impact of toxic gases on buildings, testing buildings for air tightness, and indoor air quality.
- Leads Battery Hazard/BESS initiatives for BakerRisk’s Sustainable Energy Risk Management Services.
- Registered professional engineer in Texas, Louisiana, Florida, and Michigan.
• Risk Management For Battery And BESS
• Risk Management Strategies And Solutions For Sustainable Energy
• Receive these topics in your inbox with the BakerRisk Safety Blast