The education, training, and experience of our engineers, scientists, and consultants have allowed them to serve as experts in their respective subject matter areas. BakerRisk, through its staff members, has extensive experience investigating a wide range of industrial incidents from small leaks caused by corrosion to large-scale fires and explosions.
BakerRisk staff members are active in technical societies and recognized national consensus standards organizations, such as the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), and the American Petroleum Institute (API). Many are licensed professional engineers (P.E.) or Ph.D.-level scientists. Our lead origin and cause investigators are trained to apply NFPA 921, Guide for Fire and Explosion Investigations, and are typically accredited Certified Fire and Explosion Investigators (CFEI).
Examples of key services BakerRisk provides regarding expert witness and litigation support include the following:
- Examination and testing of evidence
- Explanation of technical factual information
- Performing engineering analyses and modeling to evaluate hypotheses
- Interpretation of codes and standards
- Evaluation and development of expert opinions
- Expert testimony in areas of expertise
- Development of courtroom exhibits
- Preparation of expert reports
- Participation in depositions
National Fire Protection Association
American Institute of Chemical Engineers
American Petroleum Institute
Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator