BakerRisk professionals leverage their wide range of technical backgrounds and expertise when they perform third party audits or provide subject matter experts to your audit team. Our consultants are skilled in auditing against a range of national and trade standards as well as for local and company specific standards. In addition, our services extend beyond regulatory compliance, permitting us to use our expertise globally.
We have extensive experience assisting organizations with a variety of risk based and compliance audits. The most commonly requested is an OSHA 29 CFR 1910.119 PSM compliance audit, usually integrated with an EPA 40 CFR 68 RMP audit. These audits are necessary not only to stay in compliance with PSM and RMP regulations, but also to identify weak points in safety programs before they can result in an incident.
The next generation of process safety management involves a risk based process safety (RBPS) audit, which takes the prescriptive application of process safety elements written into regulations by certain government agencies and creates a more holistic framework for PSM. Unlike a US OSHA PSM, for example, RBPS has established four accident prevention pillars that address both onsite and offsite risk elements.
These four pillars are:
Auditing comes in a variety of forms – BakerRisk can assist with many of them, including:
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.119 Process Safety Management (PSM)
- EPA 40 CFR 68 Risk Management Plan (RMP)
- CCPS Risk-Based Process Safety
- NFPA 85, 86, and 87 (Boiler, Ovens, Furnaces, and Heater Codes)
- Emergency Response
- Safety Instrumented System (SIS) Validation and Auditing
- Corporate Standards
- API Industrial Standards and Recommended Practices such as:
- API 520 Relief Devices
- API 560 Fired Heaters
- API 579 Fitness for Service
- API 581 Risk-Based Inspection
- API 610 Centrifugal Pumps
- API 611 and 612 Steam Turbines
- API 616, 617, 618, 619 Compressors
- API 674, 675, 676 Positive Displacement Pumps
- API 1173 Pipeline Safety Management Systems