ClosedFault Tree Training In-Person San Antonio & Virtual
This one day course focuses on the fundamentals of using fault trees to calculate frequencies and probabilities for different types of events. The topic includes areas of instrumentation failure, human failures, and creating logical models using binary (AND and OR) gates to form a fault tree of different components. Students will use real world examples to evaluate cutsets and understand the importance of different cutsets and the corelations between them. Students will review standard databases to identify failure rates of different equipment and instruments.
The course will include the following elements:
- Introduction to fault tree analysis
- Creating basic fault trees with example scenarios
- Generating and analyzing cutsets
- Understanding failure modes and failure rates
- Basic probability for fault trees
- Selecting failure rate data from databases
- Evaluating event frequency or probability
The training will be conducted using Computer Aided Fault Tree Analysis (CAFTA) software from Electric Power Research Institute.
- 1 day
March 31, 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm