Looking for an overview of how to lead a successful PHA / LOPA project as well as touch on Safety Instrumented System (SIS) / Safety Integrity Level (SIL) study basics? If so, our one-day overview course is intended to provide participants the necessary techniques and tools to assist in guiding teams through the qualitative risk process. Building on the PHA/ LOPA overview, this course will review the basics of SIS, the SIS design lifecycle, regulatory requirements around designing and implementing Safety Systems, performing calculations to meet the SIL target, and generating deliverables key to a successful project.
The course will include the following topics:
- Introduction to PHA concepts
- Brief discussion on key PHA methods (HAZOP and What-If)
- How can knowledge from consequence modeling and testing demonstration be used to better PHAs
- Workshop on good PHA documentation practices, and how to avoid bad practices
- LOPA and SIS
- Introduction to LOPA and methods
- Use of LOPA to perform SIL assessment
- SIS design considerations
- Simplified calculations on 2 SIFs using SIS-Tool
Note that this class is intended for an overview of concepts only. Interested in a detailed course for would-be facilitators or SIS practitioners? Learn more here. We have other courses geared towards you!
- Introduction to PHA / LOPA / SIS / SIL
March 27, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm