All Resources

Overview

author

Taha Syed

published on

April 2022

On October 17, 2017, an ammonia leak was detected in the refrigeration mechanical room attached to an ice-hockey rink in the City of Fernie in British Columbia, Canada. Three fatalities were reported inside the refrigeration mechanical room due to ammonia exposure. An investigation of the incident by the Technical Safety BC regulators concluded that the leak was due to corrosion in the chiller system that caused a rapid release of ammonia into the enclosed room.

Fill out the form to read the paper.

Gated Resource Form
Name
Name
Marketing Emails Consent